Cigna is a multinational healthcare services firm with over 180 million patients and clients globally. Cigna is committed to enhancing the health, well-being, and peace of mind of the individuals they serve by addressing whole-person health.
In addition to their objective of providing inexpensive healthcare for fundamental necessities, the organization helps its members with addiction treatment. Cigna’s Behavioral Health section provides assistance to people seeking to recover from a drug or alcohol addiction. The section now offers an education series in addition to articles, resources, and podcasts for people and families.
Cigna’s free education series teaches about the physical, mental, and emotional symptoms of addiction. Each session contains guidance for individuals in recovery as well as their loved ones.
Cigna Insurance plans offer numerous types of coverage that include:
- Health insurance for individuals and families.
- Medicare plans
- Dental plans
- International health insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Behavioral health
Policy Coverage for Substance Abuse
Your benefits and coverage will vary depending on your Cigna plan. For example, Cigna’s most basic plan, bronze, has lower premiums but higher deductibles and out-of-pocket expenditures. Those with gold or platinum plans, on the other hand, receive more extensive coverage with smaller deductibles.
Cigna may cover a variety of treatments, therapies, and support options, depending on your plan. Substance abuse treatment services may include the following:
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Partial hospitalization
- Intensive outpatient
- Personalized coaching and support services
- Referrals for support groups and behavioral coaches
In terms of drug addiction treatment, the services covered by insurance and the costs you will be liable for vary considerably depending on the type of plan and the state you live in. Contact your health insurance provider to check your coverage and discover which sorts of therapy services are covered under your policy.
What if the Centers are Out-of-Network?
While not all Cigna plans require that your treatment center be in-network, it is important to know that selecting an out-of-network provider often raises your out-of-pocket costs. Some plans may not cover out-of-network services, leaving you to foot the bill. Other plans, on the other hand, will pay certain portions when a deductible or coinsurance has been met.
Pre-certification is required for several out-of-network treatment alternatives. Cigna will do this by comparing the request to widely accepted criteria. In instances where pre-certification is required, Cigna will decide which treatments are covered depending on your plan. To find out what treatment choices are available to you, see your policy or contact the digits on the back of your insurance card.
Inpatient Treatment Coverage
Cigna may fund the following inpatient drug addiction treatment programs:
- Acute Inpatient Substance and Drug Detoxification
- Partial Hospitalization for Substance and Drug Disorders
- Inpatient Treatment for Substance and Drug Disorders
Insurance coverage and out-of-pocket expenditures may vary depending on your individual plan and location. Here are several inpatient rehab cost estimates broken down per plan.
- Bronze plans – Typically offer 0% coinsurance for in-network providers, which means Cigna will cover the expenses after you have met your plan’s deductible. Some plans will assist in covering the expenses of out-of-network services, while others may not.
- Silver plans – Coinsurance for in-network programs typically ranges from 30 to 50 percent after the deductible is paid. Depending on the state you live in, out-of-network services may or may not be covered.
- Gold plans – After the deductible, coinsurance for in-network plans can vary from 20% to 50%. Out-of-network providers, like other plans, may or may not be covered depending on the state in which the insurance was issued.
- Platinum plans – Coinsurance ranging from 10% to 30% once the plan’s deductible has been met. Out-of-network programs may be covered by some plans at a higher coinsurance rate.
Outpatient Treatment Coverage
Outpatient rehab treatments covered by your Cigna plan often include:
- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Anti-Craving Medication Management
- Substance and Drug Detoxification Medication Management
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
Coverage Estimates for Outpatient Rehab
- Bronze plans – Coinsurance is determined by the state of domicile and can range from 0% to 50%. These plans may or may not cover out-of-network care.
- Silver plans – Several in-network outpatient services may have a coinsurance percentage, while others have a charge per visit. Out-of-network providers are either covered or not.
- Gold plans – In-network patients may be asked to pay a modest coinsurance percentage or a copay every visit, depending on the service given. Out-of-network services are either covered or not.
- Platinum plans – Coinsurance or copay requirements for in-network providers are kept to a minimum. Out-of-network coverage is available under certain policies, although coinsurance rates are typically higher for these treatments.
Finding Alternative PlansIt very much is crucial that you do not let the expense of treatment prevent you from receiving the care you require. There are several other options to aid with addiction treatment expenditures that are not covered by your insurance.
To discuss your health insurance coverage and treatment choices, speak with a healthcare provider.