Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance policies offer a variety of addiction treatment benefits. The level of coverage for various rehabilitation treatments is frequently determined by your state of residence as well as your personal plan. It is a conglomerate of firms that offers health insurance coverage to approximately 100 million individuals in the United States of America.
Blue Cross Blue Shield provides health insurance to millions of federal government employees, and there are a number of perks and advantages connected with Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage that may be beneficial to individuals dealing with mental health or addiction.
Coverage Levels And Plans
While BCBS plans differ according to the state, most are divided into three levels:
- Bronze plans feature the lowest premiums but the highest out-of-pocket expenditures. Once your deductible is met, BCBS will cover about 60% of your medical treatment expenses.
- Silver plans feature higher premiums than bronze policies, but you pay less out of cost. After your deductible is met, BCBS will cover around 70% of your medical expenses.
- The highest premiums and lowest out-of-pocket payments are seen in gold plans. Once your deductible is met, BCBS will cover approximately 80% of your medical expenses.
BCBS participates in Medicaid, which is a health insurance program for low-income people who frequently have serious health problems. It also administers Medicare, a government insurance program for those 65 and older. Since BCBS is a large, nationwide insurance company, you may effortlessly seek treatment in different states.
The BlueCard program lets you take advantage of local BCBS plan pricing even if you seek care outside of your home state.
Benefits Available to the Members
Members enjoy a series of benefits and discounts with their Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance; many of these perks might prove beneficial in leading a healthy life free of drug and alcohol misuse. The following may be in the list of benefits:
- Discounts on healthy food options
- Savings on pet-related items, like food and toys
- Reduced rates for well-being apps and gym memberships
- Free memberships to travel clubs
- Deals on in-home fitness equipment
- Lower prices on eyewear and vision services
Eating nutritious foods and exercising is beneficial to everyone, not just those in recovery. However, someone striving to reduce drug cravings or manage the distressing symptoms of a mental health condition might gain even more from leading a healthy lifestyle.
Is Addiction Treatment Covered?
Yes, addiction treatment is covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield. To know what exactly your plan covers, call the customer care number on the back of your member card or type in your 3-letter member ID number into the Blue Cross Blue Shield website’s Company Finder. You may be able to receive estimates for the cost of your treatment, see your benefits and services, and explore the finer points of your individual plan’s coverage.
Health insurance frequently covers some of the following expenses:
- Acute inpatient hospitalization
- Outpatient treatment
- Partial hospitalization
- Residential treatment/detox
A list of suggested treatment centers, diagnostic criteria for drug misuse, educational materials for friends and family members, and guidance on how to talk to a doctor about safe opioid prescription management are also accessible on the Blue Cross Blue Shield website.
Checking Your Insurance BenefitsBefore choosing a treatment center, review your BCBS policy benefits to determine which charges will be covered by your insurance plan and which will be paid for by you out of cash. Call the number on your insurance card or log in to your account on Blue Cross Blue Shield’s website to find out how much you may need to fund in terms of copays and any deductibles that must be met before coverage for the treatments you require kicks in.
Contact a treatment provider today for assistance in confirming your insurance plan and finding treatment options.