Last Updated on May 10, 2022
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store both personal and non-personal information about you when you visit our website and use the Service. We use this information to fulfill your requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to Service Providers that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising during and after your use of the Service, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and to comply with legal obligations. Please note that the foregoing list of ways we use your information is not exhaustive.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you create an account on Quitaddictionnow.com
- we may store and use such information, such as your full name, Service Provider name (if your account is a Service Provider account), email address, zip code, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date. If you are a Service Provider, we may also store and use a description of your business and any content you generate and submit to us or post on or through the Service.
- Public Content: Certain information that you contribute through the Service is intended for public consumption, including your ratings, reviews, comments, likes, bookmarks and account profile. We may display this information (“Public Content”) through the Service, share it with Service Providers, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third- party sites and services. Further, we will never restrict information that is already public through other means/channels.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account (either as a user of the Service or Service Provider) or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other Quitaddictionnow.com, users, Service Providers, and Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC itself. While you may opt-out of receiving marketing messages from us, you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange ratings or reviews for compensation. We may also record and/or store information that you provide through communications to us or to our third-party providers, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are an individual or agent of a Service Provider listed on Quitaddictionnow.com, we may contact you, including by phone, email or messaging, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for the applicable Service Provider. Further, signing up for an account does not grant you any ownership over any mailbox, message center, or communications. We retain ownership of, and the right to disseminate, any communications for any purpose we deem necessary.
We, and third parties with whom we partner, may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, local shared objects such as HTML5 and Flash (sometimes called “flash cookies”), advertising identifiers (including mobile identifiers such as Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID) and similar technology (collectively, “Cookies”) in connection with your use of the Service, third-party websites, and mobile applications. Cookies may have unique identifiers, and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you, and on our web pages. Cookies may collect and transmit information about you and your use of the Service, such as your browser type, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. Cookies may be either persistent or stored only during an individual session.
Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account and to expedite future sign-in.
Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use location-related data.
Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.
Based on Cookies and location-related data (e.g., IP address), we may display different advertising-supported helpline numbers to users which then route calls to various paid Service Providers.
If you set your browser to reject cookies for tracking for advertising purposes, our site may not read or honor these signals.
Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Third-Party Providers: We may rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service. We may also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third-party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party. We carry no responsibility and no liability for how third-party providers utilize your information outside of the agreed-upon services that are available through the Service.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate (i.e., non-personal form) with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Service Providers on Quitaddictionnow.com: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of the Service (such as which Service Providers you bookmark or call) with Service Providers listed on Quitaddictionnow.com. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that Service Providers may see your Public Content (as defined in Section 1(b) above) and receive information about your transactions with them, regardless of your settings. Additionally, if you make a phone call to a Service Provider through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share information about your call with the Service Provider that the Service Provider would have received had you called them directly, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number. We may also share, with Service Providers listed on Quitaddictionnow.com, the content of those calls and you grant us the explicit right to do so. You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share your phone number through your phone’s settings or phone service provider.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links: The Service may contain links to unaffiliated third-party services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- Helpline Calls: We use a third-party provider (currently, CallTrackingMetrics.com) (“Helpline Partner”) to monitor, listen to, record, forward, track and measure all calls to our advertising-supported helpline for quality assurance and reporting purposes. These calls are recorded by, encrypted, saved and stored with our Helpline Partner. Please note that even if a Service Provider uses its own custom toll-free phone number, we will still use our Helpline Partner to monitor, listen to, record, forward, track and measure all such calls. A copy of each call would be stored both within our account with our Helpline Partner and at the Service Provider’s designated repository for aggregating such calls.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content, you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Service.
5. DATA RETENTION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not intended for nor directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information or any voice or data transmissions, as third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or electronic storage. Further, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of our Service. Therefore, you use our Service at your own risk, you should not expect, that your information or voice or data transmissions will always remain private, and we do not guarantee the performance or adequacy of our privacy settings or security measures. In the event that an unauthorized third party compromises our security measures, we will not be responsible for any damages, directly or indirectly, caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate your information.
8. EUROPEAN USERS
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
19800 Macarthur Blvd Ste 300
Irvine, CA 92808
11. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC adopted this section to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and applies solely to residents of the State of California (“California Consumers”). Without limiting the foregoing, this section provides California Consumers with the disclosures and notices required under the CCPA. Certain exceptions and limitations, may apply to a California Consumer’s rights and Quitaddictionnow.com/ Ardent LLC’s obligations under the CCPA.
- a. Personal Information Collected. Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC has collected the following categories of Personal Information from California Consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers (e.g. real name, alias, online identifier, IP address, email address, or other similar identifiers).
- Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Internet or Similar Network Activity (e.g. browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, application, or advertisement).
- Geolocation Data (e.g. physical location or movements).
- Sources for the Personal Information We Collect. We collect the Personal Information described above from the following sources:
- Directly from you when you leave a comment or use other interactive features on the Site or communicate with us, fill out a form, or submit an inquiry, use our Services, interact with us through the Site, or apply for employment with Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC.
- indirectly from you as information we collect automatically from your use of the Site.
- third parties, as described in more detail below.
- Use of Personal Information. Depending on your interactions with Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC, we may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect about you for one or more of the following business purposes:
- to provide you with our services, which includes, but is not limited to, communicating with you, maintaining accurate records, and personalizing your experience with the Services.
- to improve our Services by analyzing how Site visitors access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- for our direct marketing efforts, such as sending you news, newsletters, email marketing material, targeted advertising, and, if you have provided us with prior express written consent to receive marketing messages via telephone, text messages or calls.
- for other purposes as permitted by law, such as complying with a law, regulation, legal process or court order, or fulfilling any other purpose with your consent.
- We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you.
- Disclosing Personal Information. Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC may disclose Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies.
- business partners.
- parent entities, affiliates and subsidiaries.
- cookie information recipients, subject to their respective privacy notices.
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories.
- internet or other similar network activity.
- geolocation data.
- No Sale of Personal Information. Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC has not sold (within the meaning of California Civil Code § 1798.140(t)) any Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- Your Rights and Choices. The CCPA provides California Consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. The following paragraphs describe CCPA rights and explain how to exercise those rights. Each of these rights is subject to our receipt of a verifiable consumer request (see Submit a Consumer Privacy Request).
- Right to Disclosure. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months, such as:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- the categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- if we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing (i) sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (ii) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC is only required to respond to two disclosure requests within a 12-month period.
- Right to Access. You have the right to request that we provide you with access to specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you over the past 12 months (also called a data portability request). If you submit a right to access request, we will provide you with copies of the requested pieces of Personal Information in a portable and readily usable format. Please note that Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC is prohibited by law from disclosing copies of certain pieces of Personal Information (e.g., government identification numbers, financial account information, and passwords or security questions and answers) because the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the information, our business systems, or your account. Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC is only required by law to respond to two access requests within a 12-month period.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, with certain exceptions. Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC may permanently delete, deidentify, or aggregate the Personal Information in response to a request for deletion. If you submit a right to deletion request, we will confirm the Personal Information to be deleted prior to its deletion, and we will notify you when your request is complete.
- Submit a Consumer Privacy Request. To exercise any of the above rights, please submit a verifiable consumer privacy request to Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC: by email at email@example.com.
- Verification. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information unless we can verify your identity and your authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. A verifiable consumer privacy request must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- You do not have to sign up with Quitaddictionnow.com to make a verifiable consumer privacy request. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer privacy request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Authorized Agent: You may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. Otherwise, only you, or a person you have designated in writing as your authorized agent or who is registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf, or to whom you have provided power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465 (“Authorized Agent”) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If you wish to have an Authorized Agent make a verifiable consumer request on your behalf, they will need to provide us with sufficient written proof that you have designated them as your Authorized Agent, and we will still require you to provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information.
- Quitaddictionnow.com/Ardent LLC’s Response. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt. If we require more time, we will notify you in writing of the reason and extension period. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of the verifiable consumer request. If we cannot comply with part or all of your request, we will explain the reasons in our response.
- We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer privacy request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by law, we will not do any of the following as a result of your having exercised your right under the CCPA:
- deny you goods or services.
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Other California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84 (the Shine the Light Act) entitles California residents to request disclosure regarding Personal Information sharing with affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you would like to request a copy of this notice, please contact us at privacy@Quitaddictionnow.com.com with the subject line “Request for California Privacy Information.”